A picture is worth 1000 word s

Between running a family of five, a photography business, and a part time job; there is not much time left to sit down and write about all the happenings of our adventures. So I will let the pictures do the talking ...Enjoy!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Finding Time

(BTW I wrote this several months ago ha I'm just now finding time to post it)
Yes, I’m still alive!! I know it has been WAY too long since I’ve been able to update y’all on what we’ve been up to and I know you are all heartbroken ;) Sadly I have no time to get anything done, let alone blog. I’m actually writing this while I have some downtime at work! In the past when I do write a post, I normally keep it pretty short and sweet and let my photos tell the story. But that’s mainly because I’ve never had time. I thought I was busy before baby #2 but since having her I’ve gone back to work fulltime at Cyprus. I get up get myself ready, on school days I get brooks bathed and get him a quick breakfast, take the baby to the sitters around 8:30 take Brooks to school, get to work then I have to pick him up on my lunch hour and take him to the sitters. Get off work around 6:15 or so pick up the kids, and get home around 7, figure out what to eat for dinner (Brandon helps out a lot with dinner. Thank God he likes to cook) We usually don’t get around to eating until 8 or 9:00 once dinner’s ready. Talk about our days and go over what Brooks’ favorite part of his day was and what he learned about. Help him with his homework if he has any (I can do this yes, maybe up until 3rd grade ha) get Brooks to brush his teeth, go potty (which can be an ordeal, he insists most nights that he doesn’t need to go and cries when we make him try. But if he doesn’t he will without a doubt wet the bed!) and get him into his jammies. All the while feeding Paisley and getting her ready for bed so I can put her to sleep by 9:30. We try to read Brooks a bedtime story, and luckily he’s pretty good at getting into bed and going to sleep without a fight by 10:30 after exchanging our kisses and sweet dream wishes! (Don’t judge me ha I know this is late but I don’t get to see him all day!) Catch up on our tivo’d shows that I enjoy watching (CSI, Cougar Town, Tosh.O, jersey shore, Teen Mom you know the really good ones haha) watch a redbox or Brandon watches his shows (Anything on “How it’s made”, Discovery or the History channel, Blah) while I edit some photo’s. Then get myself ready for bed and hopefully dose off before midnight. On top of that I’ve been booking up to 6 shoots on the weekends with my photography. So I have very little down time! I’m lucky if I have enough energy to lie on the trampoline while Brooks tries to bounce me around. As you can imagine my husband doesn’t enjoy that I’m either gone or on the computer all the time! (Yet he won’t let me quit my day job, I say “he” but really we need the insurance) I don’t get nearly enough time with my kids and our house is always a mess!! I wouldn’t call myself a clean person by any means but I would love for my house to stay organized. It just doesn’t happen. Any time I try to pick up Brooks re-discovers all his toys and as soon as I can put them away he gets them back out again! It’s like he follows me around and gets out every little thing I just put away. So I gave up on that and now he just has giant toy boxes that everything gets thrown into. Who wants to walk the extra 10 feet to the bedroom to take off their shoes and coat or put their things down? . Don’t take this as complaining!! I’m just giving you a little insight as to why it’s taken me so long to make a post , if I could only quit my day job I would be SO happy! I just need to find affordable health insurance first so if anyone has some suggestions PLEASE comment or let me know! It is super scary to dive into your own business but that’s what I want to do and you don’t get the reward without the risk. I have so many things I want to do with my photography business but since I don’t have the time I have to put it aside and it’s depressing! Not to mention all the fun things I want to do with my family!!

3 comments:

kayla said...

I don't put Oliver to bed until 10 on most days either. I just cant help myself I want to spend as much time as possible with him. Does Brandon's job offer insurance?

Joe and Victoria said...

oh girl I so feel you on the lack of time to get things done! Don't you wish there were more hours in the day? I do. You are a great mommy!!

ShaiLynn said...

Kayla, I know exactly how you feel :) I just don't know what I'm going to do when he starts kindergarten since it starts an hour earlier than his pre school. No he works for a very small company and they don't offer insurance . I wish .
Victoria, I know you can relate on being a busy mommy! It's tough, you're a great mommy too :)