A picture is worth 1000 word s

Between running a family of five, a photography business, and a part time job; there is not much time left to sit down and write about all the happenings of our adventures. So I will let the pictures do the talking ...Enjoy!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Lake Powell 2011

Every time my family has a vacation, I am pregnant! Even though I wasn't really able to do anything. But I wanted (and needed) to get away and relax. Now why exactly I thought roughing it for 5 days in the scorching heat Pregnant and with a 15 month old would be relaxing....I'm not certain :) We headed out extremely early in the morning (My parents idea) My kids I don't think have ever woken up before 7am but we were on our way to Powell by 5! Luckily Paisley slept just about the whole way but Brooks "couldn't get comfy" but he had his leapster to keep him occupied. After a long sleepy drive we were there! We were going to have to make two trips to the campsite because everything couldn't fit into the boat. since all of my parents stuff was already loaded, we would come back for all of our stuff. I ran to the bathroom and when I came out Brandon had left with the car....and all our things. As he was running back to the truck I had to yell to him to at least get the diaper bag!
We drove around the lake looking for a good spot to camp and after what seemed like forever, everyone finally agreed on a spot. we pulled up and unloaded. The boys and Mom got their tents set up and set up the anchors for the boat while I watched the kids. It was SO hot!! Setting up camp in that heat was awful and I didn't even really do anything ha! I chugged as much water as I could and made sure the kids stayed hydrated. After all that was set up the guys headed out for round two. Unfortunately we didn't have our food or swimsuits, so we were HOT and hungry!! Not to mention exhausted. That first day was pretty crappy until everything was finally done, we headed out on the boat and had some fun. We got back "home" and had some dinner and got ready for bed. As soon as we laid down, this houseboat full of partiers start blasting their music and screaming as they jump into the lake. I wouldn't have minded as much, if they had at least had semi-good taste in music. They kept playing the same awful song over and over and over, and the flashes of their cameras were coming through our tent. I just kept hoping it wouldn't wake up Paisley, but it seemed either way...we were in for a long night. Soon the flashing of their cameras was replaced by the flashing of lightening and the wind picked up with a fury. The party ended as quickly as it had begun and the storm took over. At least the dreadful music was gone but it was replaced by the whipping and flapping of our tents. The tent was practically laying down on top of us and the sand was pouring in from the mesh top as the cover wasn't doing it's job too effectively in the storm. Then, it began to rain. We coved the pack and play with a blanket so at least Paisley wouldn't be covered in sand and sheilded our faces with pillows while I tried to hold the tent off my face with my arms and legs. Eventually the wind died down a bit and I fell asleep waking up covered in wet sand. It rained the whole next day, but I just kept thinking at least it wasn't so hot :) The kids had fun playing in the sand and even though it was too cold for me to get in the water, Brooks dove right in and did some fishing. By sun down it had cleared up and we had a peaceful nights sleep that night. Luckily the party boat left and did not return. We woke up pretty early the next morning and had a fantastic fun filled day. We played on the lake and found some ruins from the people who once lived there. It was pretty neat. The next day was Kevin's Birthday! He turned 25 :) we had another fun day, Brooks LOVES the tube, while we were on it he said to me "If I had a magic wand, I would wish for a day like this one!" I thought it was the cutest thing. It was nice to just be able to play all day, no one could reach me...as we didn't have service out there. I didn't have to worry about anything, I was just sending time with my family at the lake!! It wasn't quite rellaxing though since I have two kids who are water babies and just want to be in the water 24/7. I had to watch Paisley like a hawk and Brooks rarely had his life jacket off. He probably spent about 75% of the trip in the water! The next day was Thursday and we headed off to the marina, we had to do the dirty work... and it was nice to get some air conditioning for a moment and enjoy an ice cream. Later that day the wind picked up again and broke my parents tent :( the wind didn't last thankfully and were able to rig the tent up! Friday was Brooks' Birthday!! He turned 5 at Powell :) He wanted to tube for his birthday but unfortunately it had a tear in it :( He was pretty dissappointed but he lived. There were some other kids there that he had become pretty good buddies with and they had a good time together! We pretty much spent that whole day exploring the lake, attempting to fish and Brandon and Kevin did some cliff jumping. I wanted Brooks to catch his first fishy, but it didn't happen. As the sun set, we had a little celebration for Brooks with a muffin :) and some candles and we gave him a little gift. I can't believe he is already 5!! But that's for another post :) It was a great getaway and even though everyone had their turn at being grumpy! We had fun! I think I used more sunscreen on my kids in that week than I've used in my whole life :) We all got a nice tan though, only Kevin got burned ( I don't think he'd seen the sun in a long while ha) I just want to thank my parents for inviting us and for everything! We all enjoyed our vacation, even thought I wish I could have boarded and did some cliff diving and all the fun stuff! Next time we go on vacation, hopefully I wont' be prego! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The End

No comments: