A picture is worth 1000 word s

Between running a family of five, a photography business, and a part time job; there is not much time left to sit down and write about all the happenings of our adventures. So I will let the pictures do the talking ...Enjoy!

Friday, July 31, 2009

R.I.P Soapy

Soapy
July 2009- July 2009 Brooks was playing with a little piece of soap in the shower, he was busy making bubbles all over the shower door with it when it slipped out of his hands. He chased it down the bottom of the tub but wasn't fast enough, it quickly went down the drain. Brooks then started balling "SOAPY!" "Mommy, soapy went down the drain!" Frantically reaching his tiny fingers in the deep dark hole to fish it out. "I'm sorry baby, he's on his way to play in the ocean now." I told him. This only made him cry harder "NO" His crying went on for about another 20 minutes with a "Soapy, I'm sorry!" I told him that there was a brand new bar of soap that he could play with but he insisted that it wasn't the same and he wanted his soapy. I suppose this was a good time to tell him "I'm sorry hunny but sometimes in life we lose things that we can't get back" He replied with "I should have put that thing in the drain so that he couldn't go down there but I didn't and now he's gone!" Obviously he already knew this and is smarter than I give him credit for.
I post this in memory of Soapy you will be missed!

No comments: