A picture is worth 1000 word s

Between running a family of five, a photography business, and a part time job; there is not much time left to sit down and write about all the happenings of our adventures. So I will let the pictures do the talking ...Enjoy!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Star of the week


Last week Brooks was the STAR of the week! He got to be his teacher Miss. Denise's special helper and the 1st to do everything in class. He got to make a poster with pictures of him and his family on it and he wanted a night fury dragon and green dinosaurs on it too! Brandon made him the dragon it turned out really cute :) He also got to take his favorite book for Miss Denise to read to the whole class. He took "who stole the cookies from the cookie jar" book and his favorite game; which right now is a game called toot and otto, it's like connect four but you try to spell toot or otto and block your opponent from spelling their word. It was fun for him to have a week where he was the special star at school. He always get to be the star at our house though, I really need to video him performing and put it up on here. He is such a character I love it. I wish this spring weren't so busy with me working full time and doing pictures and preparing for the baby, I wanted to get him into tee ball or something fun but I'm sure he'll get the chance later. At the beginning of the month Brooks gets a calendar for school that tells us what he'll be learning about and any special things they'll be doing that month. At the end of April I saw that they have a field trip to the discovery gateway and it was all of her classes combined. His cousin Alastair is in her 4 yr old class so I knew he'd be coming, I told him that we were going to go on a field trip to the museum and that Aunt DeAnn and Alastair would be coming along too. He was so excited! We had gone there once before and he remembered playing with the giant beehive they have there, you put balls into tubes and they go through the beehive. Well when I picked him up from class he said that he told all of his friends he was going on Vacation, I asked him where he told them he was going on vacation and he said....to the beehive!! I explained to him that they were all coming too and he was shocked :) I felt kind of bad and told him that we would plan a real vacation. So now I need to figure out where we're going to go! Maybe we'll just plan a quick get away before the baby gets here. It's funny because he can't wait for his sister to get here but he's most excited that after she's here the pool will open :) Or maybe later this summer we'll go on a short little trip. Either way it will be fun!

No comments: