A picture is worth 1000 word s

Between running a family of five, a photography business, and a part time job; there is not much time left to sit down and write about all the happenings of our adventures. So I will let the pictures do the talking ...Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Rough Night

Yesterday, Brooks got to spend the day with his cousins. He always has so much fun over at his Aunt DeAnn's (Dot DeAnn to him) When I picked him up he was covered in dirt from head to toe :) You could tell they had a lot of fun getting dirty like boys do! He was obviously pooped as he refuses to take his usual nap when he is having so much fun with the kids, that he fell asleep on the way home. Oh but when he woke up he was a monster!! I walk in the room to "LEAVE ME ALONE!!"So I say OK then...., you're welcome to come out whenever you want "NO, NEVER!" Then, as soon as I leave " MOMMY MOMMY MOOOOMMY" I come in the room "LEAVE ME ALONE!!" Make up your mind child! There was absolutely no pleasing him, I ask him if he needed anything "NO, NOFFING" All the while giving my the talk to the hand gesture. After about an hour of his screaming for me, then telling me to leave. I had to do something, so I picked him up and told him we were going for a drive "NO I DON'T WANT TO!" He was throwing his little 30lbs body around kicking his legs and grunting with the most angry face I have ever seen on a child before. I couldn't help but laugh! After putting him down I told him I was going to leave and he could stay home by himself then, I got out the door and to the car when I heard him screaming from the front door "DON'T LEAVE ME HOME ALONE MOMMY!" (For the record I was never intending on actually leaving him!) So he then willingly gets in the car :) Yes I think to myself ...This is going to work. As soon as I start the car "I HATE THIS SONG! I DON'T WANT ANY MUSIC, NOFFING!!" oh goodness OK so I turn off the music and we pull away from the house "I WANNA STAY HOME BY MYSELF!" I am telling you there was no pleasing him, it was actually quite comical. He ended up settling down for some licorice bits and a Sprite and we watched Bolt (the movie Mom & Terry got him for Easter) which he enjoyed very much. When he finally calmed down he told me "I'm kinda cold Mommy, I need a heater, a hug and a blankey!" I just though it was funny how angry he was and how damn stubborn he is, definitely his mothers child :)

3 comments:

melynda said...

i am so glad you have a blog!! i love to blog, i am huge nerd!
brooks is so dang cute, hope you are doing well!!

fantastic funk said...

My nephew acts just the same way! By the way, your blog is so cute! And, we really miss you too.

Another Diva Day said...

Motherhood is such a joyful challenge. One way to put it.