A picture is worth 1000 word s

Between running a family of five, a photography business, and a part time job; there is not much time left to sit down and write about all the happenings of our adventures. So I will let the pictures do the talking ...Enjoy!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Halloween

This year brooks was a vampire, I had sprayed his hair with black spray. After his Halloween party at school I dropped him off at his grandma’s and she gave him a bath. She called me at work to tell me how it went. She said there was black everywhere, all over his face and hands, it was running down the sides of the shower walls. After he got out he told her “Grandma Shell, I don’t want to be a vampire anymore! It’s too much work” On the day of trick or treating this year (Since Halloween fell on a Sunday) I had my Mini shoot that I was doing for my photography business. I was there all day and it turned out really great. We saw a lot of cute costumes and got some really great pictures! But, didn’t have much time for anything else. After the shoot I took the kids trick or treating. We always hit up the grandparents so they can see the kids in their costumes, and they always have the best treats! My Grandma Beckstead always makes us the tastiest popcorn balls that have candy corn in them! And Brooks’ Grandma Trice, Donna and Michelle, all make him up special little Halloween treat bags and by the time we’ve hit all the grandma’s houses we really don’t need any more candy. But Brooks would disagree so we trick or treat at a couple of the neighbors just for fun. When I asked Brooks what he wanted to be for Halloween this year he told me he wanted to be a twin. Ha I was like what? He said Yeah I want to be a twin of twister (Twister is a ghost we have hanging in the tree) Oh so you want to be a ghost! Yeah. I thought that was kind of lame, like what do you do to dress up as a ghost? So then he wanted to be a dragon and then he ended up being a vampire. He had his Halloween party at pre-school the Thurs before Halloween and left his vampire teeth there on accident. We didn’t have any replacement teeth so I let him use mine for his pictures lol. With his hair sprayed black and his cape on him, he looked pretty spooky! He even got a bite tattoo on his neck that had blood dripping out of it. Paiserbey was a little lady bug. At first I didn’t really want her to be a lady bug because it seems like a lot of little girls are lady bugs but it didn’t really matter she was the cutest one  Her cousin even had the exact same lady bug costume. We got some cute pictures of them next to each other. Baylee is one month older than Paisley so they’re pretty close to the same age but Pais is just a little smaller. Normally, I throw a little pumpkin decorating party for the kids and we go pick out our pumpkins and take them back and paint them and decorate them with stickers and such (since most of them aren’t old enough to carve them and it’s a little less messy) But with everything I had going on I just didn’t have time this year. But I really wanted to take Brooks to at least get his own pumpkin. I don’t think I ever went to a pumpkin patch until I had Brooks (Thanks for depriving me Mom  jk) and I just really wanted Brooks to have those memories and it usually makes for great pictures. You know me a sucker for a picture op! Well it was like a day or two before Halloween and the only time I had to go was right after work. I wasn’t scheduled to close that night so I hurried to get the kids and get there before the sun went down. I didn’t really think this through very well, it had rained the day before and it was pretty muddy. I was still in my heels from work and trying to trudge through the mud carrying Paisley’s car seat and trying to maneuver my camera and a wheelbarrow haha! This woman even came up and offered for her son to push our wheelbarrow. I was so embarrassed; I must have looked like a crazy person. On top of that Brooks was in a mood and would not listen to me and was so uncooperative! I snapped a few pictures bought his pumpkins and got in the car just before the sun went down. As I buckled the kids in Brooks said look at the sky Mom it’s orange like a pumpkin  Sure enough it was! It was quite the adventure; I don’t think I’ll try to do that again though!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: